9.16.2009

great day




This morning, the young women in our ward had baptisms at 5am. Yep, 5 in the AM. I am not much of a morning person anymore, no college changed that. I learned my freshman year not to schedule a class before 9am. [let's face it, even noon classes were impossible to make sometimes] Anyway, by some miracle [or my VERY loud alarm clock and a husband saying, "make it stoooppp.."] I did manage to go with my awesome young women to the temple this morning and it was great. I love the way the temple makes me feel, even just being on the grounds. But that is nothing compared to how I felt being there at the start of my day. Everything was so fresh and quiet and peaceful. I was really able to think to myself and feel my Father's love. Especially while watching the sun start to poke through the trees and the mist start to disappear into the flower beds. It was a wonderful start to my day. And even though nothing spectacular or amazing happened, the rest of the day felt perfect.

Just one of those great days.

4 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

I miss being in the Young Womens they are so awesome and the Temple defiantly helps make our days wonderful.

danielle said...

i like this story.
where did you get that cool picture of the temple. i love it!

Bev said...

Perrrrrfect way to start any day!! Aren't you lucky you got to spend it with those adorable YW!

Alexa Mae said...

that truly is THE BEST way to start a day. And a great way to escape this crazy world. you are amazing cause i am NOT a morning person AT ALL either.

what did you use to edit that photo??