1 packet of active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar
(makes 2 good sized pies)
1. dissolve yeast into water in a small bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes.
2. combine flour, olive oil, salt, sugar and yeast mixture in a large bowl (or stand mixer bowl) and stir well. (i use my kitchenaid and dough hook which seems to handle the job very well).
3. cover and let rise until the dough has grown to twice its size, about 30 mins.
4. turn the oven on to preheat to 450 degrees. if you're using a a pizza stone, stick this in the oven to heat up while the oven is preheating.
5. flour your counter and roll out the dough to desired shape (we usually end up making hearts) and place on your baking sheet or pizza stone and cover with desired toppings. I like to brush the edges with a little olive oil, i'm not sure if it makes much of a difference though... Cook for about 12 mins until crust is golden and a tad crispy on top.
6. wait (if you can...) about 3 minutes to cool and then enjoy! SO GOOD.
anyone have a good whole wheat recipe?