BL(A)T Salad Pizza
- 1 package of whole wheat pizza dough (fresh and easy has the yummiest, and only $1)
- olive oil
- S&P and various seasonings to taste
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (i used less, just enough to sprinkle over the crust)
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- Preheat oven to 450°F and roll out pizza dough on stone or regular cooking tray. Put a little corn meal or flour under the dough to prevent it from getting stuck. (it's best to leave your dough out of the fridge for at least 20 mins before rolling, but if you don't have time then it's alright)
- Poke holes all over your dough and brush olive oil all over it. Sprinkle with s&p and any other seasonings you desire; I used a little garlic, a teensy bunch of rosemary leaves, and oregano. Stick in the oven until golden and crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cook up the bacon strips, and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces. Do this while the crust is in the oven, remember multi-tasking is key!
- While the bacon is cooking and making the house smell all delicious; chop up the lettuce, and slice the tomatoes and avocados.
- When the pizza crust is all golden, take it out of the oven and spread the cheese and bacon over the top and stick it in the oven for another 2 minutes to make the cheese gooey and delicious.
- Slice the crust, it's easier to cut before you have all the toppings on it.. Then top it with the lettuce, tomato and avocado.
- Behold the beauty of your creation for as long as you can hold off, then EAT! Stu thought it would be good with a little ranch or sweet baby ray's bbq sauce, it was delish!
Super easy and quick, and sure to put a smile on your hubby's face!