4.16.2009

Easter Sunday

I haven't had any time to blog since Easter, but we had a blast and I wanted to share our fun!

So, Stu and I planned to hide eggs around our apartment for each other, with cute notes and goodies and stuff AND easter baskets, but we had to speak on Sunday and we left that to the last minute, meaning we had no time to do our own easter thing.. but it has not been forgotten, we rescheduled our easter to be next week. Our families came to see us talk in church, and it was perfect becuause they announced Stu's new calling! About a month ago, Stu and I met with the stake president and he was asked to be the elders quorum president in our ward! We were completely shocked and waited (the whole meeting) for the "just kidding!" but it never came. He's the YOUNGEST guy in the quorum! Luckily, we've had time to adjust and now I am just so excited for him! He was set apart after the block and I really have never heard so many blessings promised to one person, there were even some promises for me mingled in there. We have been so blessed since moving back to Mesa, it really is the right place for us to be right now! It is so crazy, when we were choosing an apartment to live in, we were trying to decide between a couple places around the same area. When it came down to two complexes, Stu suggested that we pray about it (isn't he so great?) and we just felt so good about this place we're at now, Stu said he felt "that this is where I think we can do the most good." Weird right? At the time, we were thinking about missionary work but I guess this is what the Lord had planned for us. So anyway, this is the next year or so of our life! Bring it on!

Isn't he just so handsome?

After Church we headed over to my parents for an easter egg hunt and tasty dinner. Soooo good! I LOVE Easter dinner! Here are some pics:






Later we went to Stu's for a second dinner :) The whole Milne fam was there, it was so fun! We got to meet my sister-in-law's new beau, totally so cute together! No pictures from that sadly, but it really was so nice to be surrounded by family all day.

All in all, Easter was GREAT!

7 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! That's awesome about Stu's new calling. You got yourself a good one there :)

Jamielyn said...

looks like a fun easter! Wow that is awesome about his new calling! It's really neat how we do end up where we are supposed to be! I'm sure you guys are going to do great things in your ward!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

What an amazing story about the whole apartment decision. So in tune with the spirit! I will pray for you two! What an amazing calling :)

Cute pictures! I love that you will be doing your easter stuff a week late! :)

nate and amy crandell said...

congrats on both your callings!!! you guys are amazing so I'm not too surprised! cute easter pics. :)

WHITNEY said...

Angela, it's official. I am coming to Mesa. You are having too much fun there and I'm missing out!! I want to come see you!

Taralynn and Kory said...

Wow! Congrats on both of your callings! As of now we don't have plans to come to Mesa this summer...but we shall see. You could always come to Idaho just for fun :) We'll let you watch LOST with us!!

Brea said...

Oh my goodness... The elder quorum!!! That's HUGE! congrats though...