6.05.2011

getting closer...


Those of you that tried to convince me that the last month of pregnancy is kind of miserable, I fully believe you now... I heard it multiple times, but I just ignored it, thinking I would be fine. I mean, I did really well pretty much my entire pregnancy. Not too much sickness, just a little more tired and picky than anything. Well, I was wrong... The last two weeks have been pretty hard for me: my feet are BEYOND swollen (If you were to judge from the knees down, I'd look like I've gained maybe 200 pounds), my back is always aching, I can not get comfortable for more than 2 seconds, the word "sleep" is no longer in my vocabulary, I pee more times a day than I can count, and all I really want is for my sweet baby to be here already... It's torture.

Okay, now I'm ready to focus on the positive :) We're only about 2 weeks away from my due date: June 21st. That's only 9 days before Stu is done with school FOR GOOD!!! He has one last class that he is cramming in to the month of June, so that he can be finished and spend more time with baby girl and I. Last semester he took 7 classes! I am so grateful for him and his hard work. He is still working full time and then completing this night class that keeps him in a lab until 10pm every weeknight. Sometimes I'm mean and try to beg him to stay home so I don't have to be alone... I just have to remember he's doing it all for us, and that at the end of the next three weeks, I will have him all to my self again- NO MORE SCHOOL EVER!

Other good news: The Dr checked me again on Friday and there is some progression! I am now at 3cm and almost 90% effaced! I asked him if that meant I would be going a little earlier and he said, "well, you could go into labor in 5 minutes or you could still carry full term..." that was not the news I was wanting to hear after being in the office for almost THREE HOURS (I had to get another ultrasound and NST to make sure everything was alright). All I know is that some progress is better than nothing and I am happy for the extra 1.5cm :)


3D image of our sweet girl from Friday... doesn't she look extremely squished in there??? I just love her chubby cheeks!

4 comments:

The Dark Family said...

I'm so jealous! I'm 39 weeks and last we checked I was at a 2cm and 50%. I'm ready to have this baby. I'm right there with ya, girl!

nate and amy crandell said...

How exciting Angie!! I totally sympathize with you about the end of pregnancy! Hang in there girl, she will be here so soon :)

Bev said...

You're on the downhill side~it will be here before you know it! Happy for you guys!

Brea said...

yay she'll be here before you know it! Poor Stu! what an awesome hubby you have! :) Can't wait to see pics of her not squished in your belly... :)

PS- your shower looked amazing! the decor was adorable!